Sunday, February 20, 2011

Power of Positivity

If there is one thing that I have learned in my journey with Take Back Santa Cruz is the power of positive energy.  I realized after helping start the group that indeed there are people in my community that are NOT against the proliferation of gangs, drugs and abusive behavior but indeed condone it.  Who would want innocent people to fall pray to criminal activity?  I innocently thought that by helping our youth find healthy activities and at the same time making it clear we don't tolerate criminal activity that we would be able to flourish as a society.  To have the COMMUNITY stand up for each other.  Yes, government has it's place but our communities are being pushed to the side.  Perhaps we have been pushing ourselves aside?  I don't know how we got here but what I do know is we need to be a part of the solution.  I find every time the rhetoric shows up or shouts it's hateful words it only lifts up the Take Back Santa Cruz cause.  People know positive and negative forces.  They can feel it.  I have allowed them to make the choices of what they believe.  It's my job to show them who I am as a human being.  I define who I am through my actions and words.  I have the power in myself.  I choose for that power to be one rooted in positive forces and not that of the negative ones.  Those that choose to listen will see my spirit.  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, Analicia. I'll bookmark your site and check in frequently. You are a great community asset. You dare to try.

    ReplyDelete